Sunday, November 9, 2008

orangey!!

this corner fruit stand is where i get my fresh fruits...day in and day out. I am in China, so...persimmons, plums, dragon fruit, carambolas, longgans and cherry tomatoes are cheap and abundant.

BUT....i still have to try them all.

i am still sticking with the basics (the one i am familiar with) apples, bananas, oranges, and pear (grapes are not sweet so i veer away from this bunch). I promised myself i am going to try the plums and persimmons before i go home next month.

oh, and by the way, this may sound weird but i've never seen a real peach. They come in cans in Manila (pity!). So, when i was offered by my officemate i had to ask...do i eat it with the skin? There was along explanation of us being a tropical country and peaches growing in colder climates...oh well, it was a good experience. Can't wait to try the persimmons.

No comments: